The Training Pathways
There are 3 NiN training pathways to choose from:
NiN Ranks, or
NiN Skill Badges.
1) Ninjutsu- Students can earn rank in our white to black belt ninjutsu curriculum. You can begin access to our Ninjutsu Youth curriculum with our Monthly or Annual Ninjutsu Membership.
2) NiN Ranks- Earn rank following the NiN curriculum that samples skills from the 8 curriculum themes. You can begin access to our rank curriculum with our NiN Basic Membership.
Or if you are a youth leader you can access the rank curriculum, plus games, certificates, regalia and more with our Ninstructor Membership.
3) NiN Skill Badges- Students can focus on specific skills to earn NiN Badges. You can begin access to our NiN Skills Badges Curriculum with our Level 1 Escrima Badge curriculum.
Students earn rank shirts and patches as they progress in their training.
NiN rank Shirt
Patches earned can be added to the NiN Tenugui
The Dojo in the Cloud
We believe that you should have access to training anytime, anywhere. If you aren't training with a certified Ninstructor or Ninja Training Group leader, you can easily train and test remotely with our online training and testing program.
The NiN Ranks
There are 6 ranks in the NiN program: NiN, Chi, Sui, Ka, Fū, and Kū.
NiN Chi Sui Ka Fū Kū
(Earth) (Water) (Fire) (Wind) (Void)
The Curriculum Themes
There are eight curriculum themes. Students complete skills from each of these themes. Each rank has requirements selected from each of these themes. The eight curriculum themes are:
Ninjutsu- the "art of the ninja". This is the martial curriculum with training elements from the youth white to black belt training of Pathways Dojo.
Survival- Skills that focus on natural shelter-making, fire, water (gathering and purification), and wild food (gathering, identification and processing).
Ancient Ninja Tools - Students hand-make a naturally made survival/martial arts defensive tool for each rank and learn survival and martial arts techniques/applications for each. They also learn safety in making these objects.
Invisibility- skills that create functional and energetic invisibility in nature through movement and stillness exercises, natural camouflage techniques, stealth/hiding practices, knowing one’s personal landscape geography, and bird language.
Energy- training that cultivates energy (aka chi), creates focus, develops rooting/grounding, and builds intuition through exercises that work with elements, animal forms, and meditation.
Zanshin- Inner and outer awareness training that hones sensory awareness, expand awareness of the natural landscape and animals moving therein, and track and sign identification.
Helper- Students become teachers and are of service to others. Skills include teaching others below their rank, first aid training, developing field first aid kits, creating herbal medicines, and knowledge and experience identifying hazards.
Notebook- Research and recording various elements of the 7 theme requirements listed above in a personal notebook. Students will record details such as edible and poisonous plant lists, focus species journal pages, japanese terminology, martial arts notes, maps, and reflections on exercises.
There are 3 steps to our Dojo in the Cloud testing/rank promotion:
1) Obtain an annual Pathways Dojo Membership
2) Register for online testing (we will send you links to files where you send us your training videos)
3) When you are ready to test, submit videos and photos to us for review.
When you pass we will send you certificates of completion and patches. Parents/guardians can easily guide youth through the curriculum with our NiN Basic membership.
Copyright 2018 Ninjas in Nature. All rights reserved.